On a lack of focus

12/21/10

Scatterbrained, nervous, silly, I cannot commit.

It's true - small scenes from everyday life illustrate this failure. See these (mostly food-related) examples:

1. The company I'm interning at offers free lunch, which you order online with options from three rotating restaurants. I spend fifteen minutes minimum each morning deciding from this wide array of food what I should order, typically canceling and resubmitting my choices at least once.

2. Once I forgot to order lunch and decided to take my car and go out for food. I squandered around twenty minutes of my thirty-minute lunch period driving around aimlessly, walked into a pizza parlor and a Whole Foods without purchasing anything, and after backtracking and nearly hitting an unsuspecting bicyclist, finally found myself at the McDonalds drive-thru.

3. Oftentimes I am walking in one direction and will suddenly veer off in another.

I would share more serious examples - well, I wouldn't, that's the point, that would be completely humiliating to the max.