In a past post, I wrote about I dress I'd bought for an extremely discounted price and gotten altered. Well, I picked it up yesterday and can barely suppress the glee.

What I like about it:
- Soft cotton fabric that is NOT see-through
- Structured, non-elastic waistline keeps the belly in
- Lovely pleating details makes it seem much pricier than it really was. With the tailoring added in, I spent about $50 on the dress, which I don't think is unreasonable for the quality.
- It can be dressed up and down
What I dislike:
- This nitpick may be particular to me, but sometimes when I wear dresses with tights, the skirt starts hiking up between my legs when I take strides because the fabrics cling together, rather unattractive. Unsure if it would happen with bare legs, but the remedy may (sadly) be a slip.
Yes, that's really it.
And to round out the post with some current events that don't pertain specifically to me:
- Prop 19 did not pass in California, so marijuana remains out of the hands of--- oh wait.
- Jerry Brown beat out Meg Whitman in the California gubernatorial race. It's been said again and again but I'll repeat that Whitman is reported to have spent up to $160 million of her own dollars in campaigning. All I can say is, hope her spending stimulated the economy at least somewhat...
- I hate to lump this in with the politics (but fuck if I have any real political know-how, seeing as I started off with weed-related news), but Disney star Demi Lovato has entered into rehab for "emotional and physical issues," the New York Post has reported. Word on the street's that she's struggling with eating disorders and self-harm. Kid's got it tough.
That's all I got -- Kim